Operating a Bobcat T66 skid steer requires proper training and experience to ensure safe and efficient operation. However, here are some basic steps to help you understand how to operate a Bobcat T66 skid steer:
- Before starting the engine, ensure that the parking brake is engaged, the safety bar is lowered, and the hydraulic control levers are in the neutral position.
- Turn the ignition key to start the engine. Release the key once the engine starts, and let it warm up for a few minutes before operating the machine.
- To move forward or backward, move both control levers forward or backward at the same time. To turn, move one control lever forward while pulling the other back. The further you move the lever, the faster the machine will move.
- Use the auxiliary hydraulic control lever to control any attachments or tools attached to the skid steer, such as a bucket or fork.
- To stop the machine, release the control levers and lower the safety bar.
- When you’re finished operating the skid steer, park it on level ground, engage the parking brake, and turn off the engine.
It’s important to note that these steps are just a basic overview of operating a Bobcat T66 skid steer. Before operating the machine, you should read the operator’s manual thoroughly and receive proper training to ensure that you are operating the skid steer safely and efficiently. Additionally, always wear proper personal protective equipment, such as a hard hat, safety glasses, and work gloves, when operating any heavy equipment.